ESP is one of my all time favorite games. It’s a great guessing game that lets you review a ton of vocabulary and any target language at the same time. To win this game your students must “read your mind” and guess which vocabulary card you’re thinking about.
The Details About ESP:
- ESP is meant to review newly learned vocabulary.
- With a class of less than 8 students the only materials you’ll need are some vocabulary cards.
- For a larger class you might want to use some magnet as well. Just so that you can put the cards on the blackboard so that everyone can see.
- A round of the game usually lasts less than a minute. I usually play multiple rounds and stop the game after 5 minutes or if the game starts to get boring.
In this example we are teaching Toys as our topic and the target Language:
S1 - What do I want?
S2 - Do you want a _boat_ ?
S1 - Yes, I Do. No, I Don’t .
Here's How To Play ESP:
- It’s an easy way to review a lot of vocabulary.
- It’s fun.
- It has almost no teacher talking time if you set it up correctly.