This classroom game comes to us from Nicole P. Nicole is a very active member of the Easy ESL Games community and has suggested some great games. Nicole is currently teaching ESL classes to 6 year olds in Israel.
This game is called Duck. It’s similar to the game “Simon Says” in the way it teaches and reviews body related vocabulary but "Duck" has a little bit of healthy competition added as well.
The Details About Duck:
- This game focuses on listening comprehension and is a great way to review body parts.
- The only materials you’ll need are a few toys. In this example Nicole used rubber ducks but I’m pretty sure they’re not essential.
- A game should last between 5 and 10 minutes depending on the size of your class.
- The object of the game is to be the first student to grab the toy duck after the teacher says “duck”.
In this example we are teaching Body Related Vocabulary as our topic. And we're focusing on Listening Comprehension.
Here's How To Play Duck:
- It’s really easy.
- It’s a great way to review body related vocabulary.
- And it’s fun.